🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Griddled Polenta Cakes with Caramelized Onions, Goat Cheese, and Honey

6847c864 39cb 496b 8730 0d98d4ea6225  2016 0330 polenta cakes with caramelized onions goat cheese and honey alpha smoot 370

I have a question about step 2 on the recipe "Griddled Polenta Cakes with Caramelized Onions, Goat Cheese, and Honey" from arielleclementine. It says:

"While the polenta is setting up" - What does this mean? While it's on the 5 minutes on the stove or while it's cooling?

asked by urbanbluegrass over 6 years ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

While it's cooking in the 9-inch square pan.

While it's coolong - the polenta will become much firmer and 'set up'. I'm going to risk this answer without seeing the recipe, but I'm come back if I'm wrong. It helps if you link the recipe in your question, for fastest results. Yum to the title, though.

3fdd943e 2b86 46c7 b573 b038b89b9d6f  henrykiss

yes- i meant while it is cooling in the pan. as nutcakes says, it will become much more firm as it cools. hope you like it!