A question about a recipe: Buckwheat Piadine

66e1a874 31a8 459f 8f82 aebb11729756  imgp4531

I have a question about step 2 on the recipe "Buckwheat Piadine " from KateAlice.. It says:

"Add the olive oil, milk and 2 tablespoons of water. Mix with a wooden spoon until a dough begins to come together"

The question is what can I substitute for the milk?

asked by SKK over 7 years ago

I'd go with oat milk, soy milk, or water.

KateAlice.

Hi SKK, I think hardlikearmour is right in saying that any non-dairy milk substitution should work fine, or water.
However, since you're getting more density from milk, if you use a thinner substitute like water, I'd recommend just adding small amounts gradually until you have a sticky dough rather than doing an exact 1 for 1 substitute.
Hope it works well for you!

For a true piadina you would actually use lard. But that's probably not what you want to hear.

Thank you hardlikearmour, Kate Alice and pierino. Once again another fabulous education from foodpickle!