🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Buckwheat Piadine

66e1a874 31a8 459f 8f82 aebb11729756  imgp4531

I have a question about step 2 on the recipe "Buckwheat Piadine " from KateAlice.. It says:

"Add the olive oil, milk and 2 tablespoons of water. Mix with a wooden spoon until a dough begins to come together"

The question is what can I substitute for the milk?

asked by SKK over 6 years ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

I'd go with oat milk, soy milk, or water.

9fa435b0 ec52 47dc aac3 4f803d5478f5  imgp2899 2

Hi SKK, I think hardlikearmour is right in saying that any non-dairy milk substitution should work fine, or water.
However, since you're getting more density from milk, if you use a thinner substitute like water, I'd recommend just adding small amounts gradually until you have a sticky dough rather than doing an exact 1 for 1 substitute.
Hope it works well for you!

For a true piadina you would actually use lard. But that's probably not what you want to hear.

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

Thank you hardlikearmour, Kate Alice and pierino. Once again another fabulous education from foodpickle!