🔕 🔔

Substitute for kumquats?

asked by Auntie M & M almost 7 years ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

Calamondins or limequats would be the best substitute in general, but depends on what you are making.

What are you making? Kumquats are delicious to me, but I've only eaten out of hand. They are quite tart. If you explain the application, maybe we can help. If it is something to use freshly sliced, maybe some kind of tangerine or mandarin, although they are sweeter, so maybe a bit of Meyer lemon mixed in.

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

I think of kumquats as more bitter than tart and would guess that in most recipes, substituting just some orange peel is what you might be thinking of.