🔕 🔔

Substitute for kumquats in a cranberry sauce recipe?

Thank goodness for the Food52 Hotline! I'm making a delicious sounding Cabernet cranberry kumquat sauce for thanksgiving dinner from Bon Appetit (recipe here: http://www.bonappetit.com...) and no grocery stores near me have kumquats in stock. What would be a good substitute? Clementines? Tangerines?

asked by Juliette Dallas-Feeney about 4 years ago

092efd1a f34b 461d 89b1 f3e76e0ce940  dsc 0028

Kumquats used to be easy to find - I don't see them much anymore and this is their season. I would sub tangerines as they are a bit more fragrant than clementines IMHO. But either will do. Cranberry sauce is very forgiving - I'm sure it will be delicious! Happy Thanksgiving!