🔕 🔔

I am going to make Ina Garten's pear clafouti with some merely decorative pears my sister has in her house. Can I freeze it? I'm baking too much.

asked by ENunn over 6 years ago

2ce4531e 275e 4d28 9c0a 00a62172217e  rays 2

A clafoutis is all about the fruit you use, since the batter itself is very simple. So "merely decorative" pears are bound to produce a bland result. Why not try poaching the pears in wine, or a spiced simple syrup, and see if you can perk them up a bit. Once poached, they'll keep for quite a while in the fridge.

Fc23ea4b 9ae1 494e 8a6f ba43f6488062  me by barbara tyroler

Just be sure those "merely decorative" pears aren't wax or plastic!