I would like to share this picture nutmeg ,maze ,and the fruit

90d1ef1a 1899 439d 958c 4bdc0943051a  222

I would like to share this picture nutmeg ,maze ,and the fruit.we make nutmeg jam with the fruit

asked by pauljoseph over 7 years ago

pauljoseph

spelling mistake it is mace

So beautiful! Do people eat the fruit?

betteirene

Is it soft before it dries? And if it is possible to make the nutmeg jam when the nutmeg is hard, please send the recipe!

Gorgeous! The mace is so vibrant against the dark brown nutmeg. Thanks for the share.

That is beautiful! Thank you pauljoseph!

nutcakes

Wow, how interesting, I had no idea?

latoscana

Great photo! To paraphrase nutcakes, who knew?

latoscana

While on the subject, here is a great book on nutmeg, which was a prized spice in the 17th century and led to great intrigue and adventure: Nathaniel's Nutmeg: Or the True and Incredible Adventures of the Spice Trader Who Changed the Course of History by Giles Milton -
http://www.amazon.com/Nathaniels-Nutmeg-Incredible-Adventures-Changed/dp/0140292608/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1298433802&sr=1-1.

pauljoseph

amanda cant eat as a fruit but we can make excellent pickle,jam ,preserves ,juice etc,

pauljoseph

betteirene we can make jam only with the fruit when it is fresh after remove the nutmeg and mace.do you relay want the recipe

gigiaxline

Wow! Nice picture, thanks for sharing...