🔕 🔔

I want to used dried black beans instead of canned. What volume of dried beans do I soak for an equivalent of one typical can, and how much water should I soak it in?

asked by dahliat about 7 years ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

1 cup dried black beans is equal to 2 1/2 to 3 cups cooked black beans. Place the beans in a bowl and cover with 3 inches of water.

89019781 5768 4aab 8b00 a7dee748e2a4  wine

Also note that the beans need to be cooked as well as being soaked. Soak them in the water for 3 hours or overnight, then drain and cook them in a pot covered with 2 inches of fresh water for about an hour.