🔕 🔔

What do I do with christmas beans?

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 6 years ago

Do you mean Christmas lima beans? I've used them in any recipes that call for giant beans (lupini, large limas, etc.). This is one of my fav recipes- http://www.101cookbooks...

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

this is from the Ranch Gordo site (I have never tried them either!)

Christmas Limas are an intriguing variation on the traditional Lima. In Italy, you'll find them as "Fagioli del Papa", or "Pope's beans". Also known stateside as "Chestnut Lima".

A true lima bean, originally from Peru (hence Lima), this gorgeous bean has all the "meat" of limas but with a chestnut flavor. They're big and bold and can stand up to a chile sauce or curry or simply be enjoyed with a drizzle of olive oil and a few grates of dry goat cheese. One of my most successful inventions was cooked Christmas Limas in a gorgonzola sauce. I still swoon a little when I think about this dish!

If you grew up thinking you hated limas, you owe it to yourself to give this one a try.

34b35e7d 9f0b 412e bbb2 00e0498f86d5  2016 10 06 19 40 38

This is another wonderful way to use Christmas Limas from 101 Cookbooks: http://www.101cookbooks... Be sure to make the celery salt - it's incredible!