what is a mulberry

Sam1148 February 25, 2011

A bush to a round in a nursery rhyme. ;)

Similar to a blackberry. You could use them in cobblers, pancakes, jam, mixed with yogurt and ganrola on ice cream..etc..etc. Anything you would use a blackberry.

pauljoseph
pauljoseph February 25, 2011

mulberry 'amora' from our garden better flavor and color than strawberry we usually preserve and serve with Ice cream

AntoniaJames February 25, 2011

We had a mulberry tree when I was growing up in Virginia. The berries are so sweet and so delicious. It wasn't actually a bush, like other berries. Flavor is kind of a cross between a blackberry and a raspberry, with no seeds. Really, really tasty. Mulberry vinegar, though difficult to find, is also to-die-for. ;o)

pauljoseph
pauljoseph February 25, 2011

AntoniaJames do you have a recipe for Mulberry vinegar

aargersi February 25, 2011

We used to have a huge mulberry tree - the birds got the ALL. Turned their poop purple! :-)

innoabrd
innoabrd February 26, 2011

They grow all over the place in Southern Africa. I believe they are an Asian import, but there are so many in Johannesburg they tend to not even get picked, except by the birds...I find them to be much sweeter than a blackberry and with much smaller seeds.

nutcakes
nutcakes February 26, 2011

pauljoseph, I suggest you search the internet for raspberry vinegar and copy that with your beautiful mullberries. You aren't making the vinegar, just flavoring it. Like this:
http://www.food.com/recipe...