Dough dry on top

I am doing the no knead bread recipe. Dough rose overnight but has a dry layer on top. Fixable? Or start over?

asked by Laurie over 1 year ago

I've not encountered this problem (either in this or other bread recipes), but I don't think it's game-over.
FOR FUTURES, keep in mind that bread making varies almost every time, depending on such factors as how moist/dry the flour is, how moist/dry the air around you is. Also, did you cover the dough? Use appropriate amounts of ingredients?
FOR THIS TIME, continue at the stage you're at, add a little more water at a time to get the texture you want, and continue. Here are some tips:
https://www.leaf.tv/articles/baking-tips-for-when-your-bread-is-too-dry/
(an experienced bread maker)