🔕 🔔

I added too much lime to my satay sauce how do I get rid of the sour aftertaste? Thanks

asked by Abijosiah over 6 years ago

C32882ea 98be 4dab 9635 2c8c21c3bb69  pe0062933

I think if u add sugar to it it shall minimize the sour taste and plus it wuld make ur sauce to taste sweet and sour taste a new zing to it.

I did this with a butter chicken recipe. I had great success with adding a bit more of the major ingredients that I had left and... Yogurt and honey. It toned down the citrus and balanced it a bit. I'm embarrassed to admit I also added Worcester Sauce and a bit of Soy. It worked.

The recipie called for a spoon of brown sugar but I didnt have any so added a spoon of golden syrup which has dulled down the sour taste a bit.

Thanks guys