🔕 🔔

Anyone tried making pots de creme in mini spring form pans?

I'd like to make chocolate pots de creme but put a smores spin on it. A graham cracker crust or cookie on the bottom, the pot de creme, then a layer of charred marshmallow on the top. Would mini spring form pans work for this? Meaning, could I unmold the pots de creme and still have them hold their shape after chilling?

asked by Tony S 3 months ago

D347253b 88e5 4ba1 ab1b 7b10260231b2  stringio

I can't think of a way to make that work. Maybe consider a parfait/trifle dessert or a graham cracker crust kind of like this

http://carlsbadcravings...

731da808 0ee6 4688 813c 05a2a7f1ca9b  16463817 10154453650334385 2720521257626860247 o

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

Is pots de creme the necessary element or would you consider a rich mousse instead? You could build a dessert with a crust, a traditional French mousse au chocolat and the charred marshmallow in a springform pan.

2487144e c60d 4bdc b4cc 4af767a9ad96  img 6405

PieceofLayerCake, I always enjoy your suggestions! BB

I'm not as skeptical as Dona...it might work.
But even the smallest spring form pan is about 4x the size of a pot de creme little dish...so you'd gain the visual presentation of the revealed layers, but lose when you have to cut them to serve in reasonable portions.
Still, if you try and it works you're ahead.
And if it doesn't, you'll have messy pudding to eat.