🔕 🔔

Technique for using a bamboo steamer on the same pot as cooking rice?

My bamboo steamer fits the same pot I use for cooking rice. My minimalist heart is wondering if anyone technique for using the steamer while the rice cooks - without sacrificing a nice, fluffy pot of rice?

asked by megabals 8 months ago

012d983c ea5a 4b9f a942 a8f5dfcef8d7  ljh6675 web

Lindsay-Jean is a Community Editor at Food52.

I'm sorry you haven't received an answer to this yet, I'm bumping this back up to the top in hopes someone else has successfully tried this!

PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

I would try making the rice 90% of the way through and then put the steamer on at the end otherwise the rice is going to dry out . Increase the water a bit so the rice won't dry out. I think it may work but it will take some trail and error depending on what you are trying to steam. Good luck. Sorry I can't give you a better answer.