Does a German Pancake rise better if eggs are cold from fridge instead of room temp?

I've made the recipe numerous times and the pancake came out beautifully fluffy and light. Last two times it did rise, but as soon as I took it out, it deflated and became too dense and eggie. The one difference is I've started keeping my eggs out at room temp. because I go through them so fast, and have little room in my fridge. Thoughts?

asked by Tim 11 months ago

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

Shouldn't make that much of a difference, in fact, room temperature eggs should work better. Are you baking the pancake fully? If you don't set the structure of the protein in the egg/flour, it will collapse back into a semi-cooked mass. Is it richly golden brown or only lightly golden? Don't be afraid of color.