how to easily slide pizza dough from metal peel to the stone without sticking

asked by Nancy Caccioppo about 1 year ago

ecebitto

Many congratulations

Matti Neustadt Storie

Cornmeal.
If cornmeal doesn't work, make the pizza on parchment and slide the entire parchment on to the stone.

Nancy Caccioppo

Parchment paper it is, I've already tried corn meal

Nancy Caccioppo

forgive me, thank you

Kaitlin Bray
Kaitlin Bray

Kaitlin is the Director of Social Media at Food52

I've the most success with a light dusting of semolina flour on the pizza peel. I also, work as fast as I can to minimize time it has to stick, and go easy on the toppings to avoid weighing it down. If I don't have semolina I usually start it on parchment and then about half way through slide it off, to crisp up the undercarriage a bit! Good luck!