A question about a recipe: Jim Lahey's No-Knead Pizza Dough

This recipe motivates me to get a pizza peel and stone. Are there any you would recommend?

asked by fitsxarts almost 7 years ago

For the peel..I use a basic resturant supply store metal peel.

However, my pizzas are sometimes overloaded. And shaking it off to the stone..can be tricky. (I have that down now..with pre-baking the dough, or cutting back on topping..and lots of cornmeal).

But I really want a superpeel. Which negates all these issues with the peel. It's a pizza peel with a canvas conveyance. So you don't have to shake and rattle and roll the dough off the peel.

http://www.superpeel.com/videos.html

Mr_Vittles

As far as a "stone", do yourself a favor and get a Fibrament stone. Its a composite brick, that is made for lining deck ovens. Its really awesome, has an extremely low fail rate and can take the heat no matter how hot. I have used on for awhile and its become a seasoned staple for all my breads and pizzas. The Fibrament can also be custom ordered to fit your oven like a glove. As for a peel the cheapo metal one I bought from ChefTools.com has never served me wrong.

Mr_Vittles

Fibrament Website: http://www.bakingstone.com/order.php

Emile Henri stones are the bomb. Made from Burgundian clay, which heats evenly and retains heat. They come in either rectangular (my favorite) or round.

koechin

i've been using 2 large leftover granite tiles for several years now with great success. after my $55 pizza stone got broken i thought i would try these tiles and have been very happy with them.