I need to replace my set of dry measures.

They amount markings have faded off of the plastic set of dry measuring cups (it has been 7 years). Do you have any suggestions for a set where the markings should hold up indefinitely, even with dishwasher use? The set has no defects other than be able to decipher with absolute certainty which is which!

asked by Rachelwrites about 1 year ago

Windischgirl

I recommend a scale!
Failing that, I can recommend metal dry measures with the size stamped into the handle. I got mine at Marshall's, and they are oval...would have preferred round but I got what they had.
I recycled my old plastic cups by using them as scoops in my flour and sugar canisters. Using a scoop enables me to lightly sprinkle the flour into the measuring cups (instead of using the 'dip and sweep' method, which results in packing the flour and giving a heavier end product.)

Rachelwrites

I have a scale! I need measuring cups! ;)

But looking for stamped in measurements is a good idea. Thanks!

Shannon

Cuisipto oval shaped cups are great. Try their oval measuring spoons

Cuisipro, yes! I was just going to suggest them. I have both cups and spoons and can't imagine any I'd like better.

Rachelwrites

Awesome! Thank you. I'm looking them up now!