🔕 🔔

I need to replace my set of dry measures.

They amount markings have faded off of the plastic set of dry measuring cups (it has been 7 years). Do you have any suggestions for a set where the markings should hold up indefinitely, even with dishwasher use? The set has no defects other than be able to decipher with absolute certainty which is which!

asked by Rachelwrites 2 months ago

8671a78d 7dd4 4230 a4ec 2a67389ef45e  image

I recommend a scale!
Failing that, I can recommend metal dry measures with the size stamped into the handle. I got mine at Marshall's, and they are oval...would have preferred round but I got what they had.
I recycled my old plastic cups by using them as scoops in my flour and sugar canisters. Using a scoop enables me to lightly sprinkle the flour into the measuring cups (instead of using the 'dip and sweep' method, which results in packing the flour and giving a heavier end product.)

C4950803 7ae7 4d2a 9c91 ff8b856fe028  dscf0339

I have a scale! I need measuring cups! ;)

But looking for stamped in measurements is a good idea. Thanks!

C8bd9f4b a7b2 4d54 81bd a765cd081b29  th

Cuisipto oval shaped cups are great. Try their oval measuring spoons

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

Cuisipro, yes! I was just going to suggest them. I have both cups and spoons and can't imagine any I'd like better.

Awesome! Thank you. I'm looking them up now!