Where can I buy de Ruijters hagelslag {Dutch chocolate sprinkles} in NYC?

Zabar's, Fairway, Sur la Table, Williams-Sonoma, Kalustyan's, and World Market do not carry them, I have already checked.

asked by witloof about 1 year ago

Amazon of course.

Amazon is my last resort. Jeff Bezos is getting rich by destroying retail culture in America. Community is built on business that know their products and the market.

witloof

I was asking where to buy them locally, thank you

witloof

Shuna Lydon

Essex Street Market on the Lower East Side, or Chelsea Market, or Kalustyan's, or email someone at FIKA... the possibilities are endless!

witloof

Thanks, love your method for Tart Tatin!

Possibly Dean & DeLuca.

witloof

Nope, unfortunately

melissa

Maybe try a brick & mortar Dutch imports store, somewhere other than NYC, that has an online presence.

witloof

Looking for a place to buy them in NYC, thank you

You might want to check an Asian grocery with a good Indonesian section - e.g., Asia Market in Chinatown, or maybe one of the big stores in Queens. I suggest that as I'm familiar with hagelslag from a Dutch friend who grew up mostly in Indonesia - it was a 'homesick' childhood treat that her family would include in care packages and such. Maybe a stretch, but there are some surprising things in those markets....

witloof

Great idea, thanks.

On sale here:
http://www.hollandsbest.com/on_a_sandwich/de_ruijter_sprinkles.php
also available here:
http://www.indofoodstore.com/De-Ruijter.aspx

witloof

Thank you, creamtea. I'm hoping to locate a place to buy them in NYC, but will keep this in mind.

Windischgirl

I found them at World Market. I think there are stores in the city, and I know there's a store in Livingston NJ. Plus they do have an online shop.

witloof

Unfortunately the World Market in NYC does not carry them and the one in Brooklyn has been out of stock for months,

kim
kim

is there a World Market there. they carry them.

witloof

The one in NYC does not carry them.

Hi witloof, I bought a 3 pack of the milk chocolate sprinkles. I can mail you an unopened box if your still in need. Private message me your mailing address if your interested. No charge. They are delicious!