World Peace cookies--I don't have any sea salt or fleur de sel. Can table salt be subbed and how will this impact the cookie, or can I leave out the

salt completely? Will they not work at all or will they just taste like crap?

asked by barb48 almost 3 years ago

foofaraw

I don't think substituting it will become a problem, though I would suggest this salt substitution guide in smitten kitchen http://smittenkitchen.com...

barb48

thanks, may use Deb's brownie cookie recipe instead.

foofaraw

That brownie cookie does looks good! I have been contemplating whether I want to make it or not.

I'd substitute rather than leave the salt out--some salt really adds to the taste of these cookies. And I wouldn't worry about the substitution too much, since the salt is incorporated into the cookie rather than sprinkled on top. I think it's more important that the cocoa power and chocolate are right.

Be sure you scroll through the comments--these cookies can be a little tricky. But worth it!

barb48

Thanks, I've been reading all of the comments here and elsewhere, so I'm hesitant about taking this on today, which is my "teacher gifts" baking day. Don't want a bad cookie to drop my kid's grade! May be better to go with something less finicky.

Do you have any kosher salt? That would be a better substitution than table salt.

Laura Griffiith

Marshalls carries the gourmet salts. lucky finds

cookbookchick

And TJ Maxx, too.