What are good ways to use sunchokes?

asked by @miglorious about 8 years ago

fozziebayer

Anything you would do with potatoes, you can do with sunchokes. I like to toss in olive oil, s&p, and roast or crisp cook in a pan with some oil a la homefries.

TheWimpyVegetarian

I'm a big soup girl, so I use them for a sunchoke soup. I've got one of my sunchoke recipes here on food52: http://www.food52.com/recipes.... And I agree with what fozziebayer says - very good substitute for potatoes.

Ophelia

I love making quick pickles with them, just slice them thin and add a little sugar and some rice vinegar. Or just add them julienned raw into salads.

In North Carolina (probably elsewhere too) they make a spicy and sweet pickle with them that I've been trying to replicate for years.

swshipman

Made a wonderful risotto with sunchokes; a recipe from Joe's Restaurant (Venice, CA).