what can I do with hardened italian ?salami

Put in a giardinera? Can I fry it and use it in a sandwich? Help!

asked by Helen Drezner 8 months ago

Fry it up and make a snack of it with some cheese and gardinera.

Add it to a soup and it will refresh the texture a bit. Still not as good though as when it retains it's original moisture.

MMH
MMH

I'm just throwing this out for you. Even if its dry, its still got fat. Maybe you could try to render the fat and extract the flavor by sautéing and then - soup, sauce, something else? I would guess you should use lower heat so it doesn't burn. I;d love to know what you do.