What to do with "small italian frying peppers?"

My CSA has given me lots of what they call "small italian frying peppers" which I think are similar to a Cubanelle peppers. I haven't found a lot of inspiring recipes anywhere - any suggestions? Thanks!

asked by meganvt01 about 6 years ago

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

If they're similar in taste to Cubanelles you coul try my favorite pepper salad:

meganvt01

That looks so tasty! Thanks Pat!

JanetFL

Hi, Megan! I saw your question earlier today and later ran into my Italian, pepper-loving neighbor. She said her favorite way to do these peppers is to simply toss them with olive oil and roast in a 400 degree oven for 20 to 30 minutes, depending on size. The skins will puff up and can be easily removed for seasoning with salt. Enjoy those peppers!

dazeyduke

I toss them in olive oil with salt and pepper and toss them on the grill until the skin blisters, turning a few times throughout. They are great served with grilled tomatoes and marinated flank steak that I use for soft tacos.

cookbookchick

Luscious on an egg, pepper, and provolone sandwich made with good Italian bread!

healthierkitchen

the grill idea is a great one and they'd be delicious alongside grilled sausages and onions, kind of along the lines of NY street food. Coconut and Lime ( I don't think she has the recipe on this site but on her blog) has a terrific pork and cubanelle chili.

healthierkitchen

Here is the recipe:

http://www.coconutandlime...

susanm

i second the pepper + egg sandwich! probably my favorite sandwich ever.
here's how my mom does it: cook the sliced peppers low and slow till they caramelize, then scramble an egg. serve on super soft, lightly buttered fresh italian bread. i am so hungry describing this.