A question about a recipe: Bourbon Pumpkin Pie

Ddf982e9 fc21 49dd af3a 845be2a60b62  2014 1010 bourbon pumpkin pie 009

I have a question about the recipe "Bourbon Pumpkin Pie" from Hillary Pollak. How long does this pie last in the fridge?

asked by Katherine 8 months ago

1071292522

While I have not made this particular recipe, I've made and consumed many pumpkin pies over the years and it would likely be at optimal quality the day it is baked.

The crust starts absorbing moisture from the filling, so after a day or so, it is noticeably more soggy but still okay. After all, the pumpkin pies at your local supermarket probably were not baked hours earlier.

After a couple of days, I find pumpkin pie to be decidely less appealing.

As always, it is your call on what quality level you want to put on your dinner table. I would not serve Thanksgiving dinner guests two-day old pumpkin pie. But some might feel fine with it.