A question about a recipe: Spinach, Mushrooms, and Cream for Dinner

48cf87b2 e6f9 4381 bb79 56cae680f3a0  food52 01 29 13 0975

I have a question about the recipe "Spinach, Mushrooms, and Cream for Dinner" from Nicholas Day. Can I use frozen spinach? If so, how much?

asked by jwhang about 1 year ago

Emmie

I haven't tried it, but you should be able to use the same weight (1 pound) of frozen spinach and treat it the same as the fresh.

kim
kim

I would think it would be fine, however make sure that you thoroughly squeeze all of the water out of the frozen spinach, as most store bought frozen spinach has quite a bit of liquid in it, as will home frozen if it has been blanched before freezing. If you don't, all that extra water released could change how your dish comes out.