🔕 🔔

The recipe calls for frozen spinach. Can I use fresh?

I am making Spinach Quiche. It calls for the frozen spinach to be drained and defrosted... Can I just use fresh? Will I need to add more liquid or a different quanity of spinach?

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 5 years ago

Yes, you can use fresh, but you'll need to cook it and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. if you don't the quiche will be one watery mess. So you will probably need more spinach because spinach shrinks to almost nothing when it's cooked. The frozen spinach is much easier since it's already cooked and all you'll need to do is thaw and squeeze out the excess water.

Wholefoods user icon

Thanks a bunch!