🔕 🔔

Danish butter vs regular butter

Hey! Anyone know about Danish butter flavor? Is it like regular butter or it has any special flavor?

asked by Manisha Agrawal 6 months ago

Prathima

Any specific brand? I've tried Lurpak, and it tastes like the French butter, President, to me. It's very mild and seems to have a higher fat content as compared to American butter.

Stephanie B.

European-style butter has a higher fat content than American butter, and is often cultured, so it has a bit more of tangy taste compared to American, which is considered more neutral. https://www.thekitchn.com...

Manisha Agrawal

Thanks Stephanie :-)

Manisha Agrawal

Thanks Stephanie :-)

Manisha Agrawal

No! Not any specific brand. I just wanted to know about it. I haven't tried it yet. Thanks

Manisha Agrawal

PHIL
PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

I went to Iceland and now hooked on Smjor butter. Whole foods carries it.