🔕 🔔

I need to increase a recipe for brisket--any tips on cooking time?

Due to house guests and mis-communication, I'm now having an early dinner party for 8 or so people (might be one more, might be one less). I figured a nice cut of meat that can sit in my dutch oven for a few hours might be the ticket, but all of the pork loin etc. recipes I can find here seem to feed 4, tops.

This recipe is closer to my target, feeding 6 (https://food52.com/recipes...). How long would I cook for, and at what temperature, if I made 3.5 or 4 pounds, instead of 3 as listed? Thank you!!

asked by shortnsweet 28 days ago

98fa1f3b ffb9 4f10 9988 f0e67c9c4a5e  js
Joanna Sciarrino

Joanna is the Managing Editor at Food52

Keep the temperature the same (325°F), but add on another hour for every additional pound of brisket. So for a 3.5 pound brisket, I'd recommend cooking it for 4 to 4 1/2 hours. Just make sure you have enough liquid to completely submerge the whole thing, which will likely be more than what is called for in the recipe.