A question about a recipe: Cranberry Pithivier

7cf96f9c 6d77 4d9c 8078 873e3f3dff99  2017 0828 pithivier ren fuller 711 1

I have a question about the recipe "Cranberry Pithivier" from Erin McDowell. Hi- this is beautiful. I may try at Christmas. Two questions- step 1 is the dried cranberries only? How sweet is this- it seems like a lot less sugar than usually used with cranberries- could i add a bit more without changing the texture? Oh, I think I see a typo in step 8- ‘score the pastry after scoring it’, should be ‘egg wash the pastry after scoring it’?

asked by Stewart Low 12 months ago

Erin McDowell
Erin McDowell

Baking consultant at large at Food52, and author of The Fearless Baker (Fall 2017)

Hi Stewart - thanks for your notes, I made a few clarifications to the recipe! You could add up to 1/2 cup additional sugar to the filling if you’d like!