A question about a recipe: Cranberry Pithivier

7cf96f9c 6d77 4d9c 8078 873e3f3dff99  2017 0828 pithivier ren fuller 711 1

I have a question about the recipe "Cranberry Pithivier" from Erin McDowell. Hi- this is beautiful. I may try at Christmas. Two questions- step 1 is the dried cranberries only? How sweet is this- it seems like a lot less sugar than usually used with cranberries- could i add a bit more without changing the texture? Oh, I think I see a typo in step 8- ‘score the pastry after scoring it’, should be ‘egg wash the pastry after scoring it’?

asked by Stewart Low 8 months ago

Erin McDowell
Erin McDowell

Baking consultant at large at Food52, and author of The Fearless Baker (Fall 2017)

Hi Stewart - thanks for your notes, I made a few clarifications to the recipe! You could add up to 1/2 cup additional sugar to the filling if you’d like!