what is a good rule of thumb for what order to prepare dishes - longest cooking time first, right?

i'm making turkey, oyster stuffing, root vegetable gratin, brussels and salad. what is the best order to cook them in? im planning to spatchcock my bird - thanks!!

asked by rosapuss 12 months ago

Yes, do the dish with the longest cooking time first -- but you may also have a couple of dishes, like the root vegetable gratin, that can be made in advance. For the salad, I'd wash the greens and make the dressing a day or two before. Then you only have to do the turkey, stuffing and brussels the day of (and I'd do them in this order). Have a great holiday!