🔕 🔔

Butternut Squash Gratin

Hi! I am making Food52's Butternut Squash Gratin recipe. Trying to prep as much as possible today, so have sliced and sauteed squash and onions and assembled, but wondering if I should wait to put the cream and topping in/on until I am ready to bake tomorrow. Thoughts? Thanks! Recipe: https://food52.com/recipes...

asked by Karla 6 months ago

Stephanie Bourgeois
Stephanie Bourgeois

Stephanie is the Head Recipe Tester of Food52.

You can go ahead and top with everything before baking and just pop into the oven tomorrow.

Stephanie B.

I would put the cream on tomorrow - I don't think you'll save a significant amount of time doing it today since you still have to put breadcrumbs on top just before you bake anyway. And since you pre-cooked and assembled the veggies you've already got most of the prep done!

Karla

Thanks ladies!