🔕 🔔

Butternut squash yam soufflé-ish recipe w/o milk?

Hi guys! First time posting here :) I want to lighten up the yam casserole by adding butternut squash and making it fluffy. I don't want to use milk and I won't be adding any sugar to it either. I'm confident in the flavoring department but could use some help with ratios with the main components: squash/yams, eggs and butter. And also if you have a certain temp you'd recommend baking it at. Thanks much!!

asked by LysiaLoves almost 3 years ago

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

The proportions in this recipe might be helpful: https://food52.com/recipes... (And if it were me, I'd use half yams, half squash.)

5c8c8e69 3d67 4887 a3da 1ab5b0187907  stringio

Thanks for the reply! That recipe looks lovely but it has a cup of ricotta. Do you think omitting it and just using the eggs would still make it light and fluffy or should I increase the eggs?

Oh and also, some recipes call for a small amount of flour. Thoughts? Thanks!

And I'd go with 350 degrees F!

I don't think you need to add flour.