🔕 🔔

Help !!! The butcher misunderstood me and gave me a pork shoulder instead of a pork leg. Can this still be made as a ham ??

Can you use a fresh pork shoulder to make a ham ?

asked by Nikki Nikki 25 days ago

Fresh ham with apple cider glaze

B5f58f45 463b 4f5e 8043 a7e3dadccf1c  screenshot 20171122 132938

82bc15be d3cf 410a 9b82 665e7b26bd26  1081
Stephanie Bourgeois

Stephanie is the Head Recipe Tester of Food52.

I would switch to the recipe for roast shoulder. The other recipe calls for a ham that has been cured already and since your should has not been cured, it will be a different process.

Make this: https://www.bonappetit... Along the same lines as your ham recipe, and a nice change from a standard pork shoulder. Happy Thanksgiving! ;o)