🔕 🔔

Kale Ceasar Salad

I’m taking a kale ceasar salad. How much ahead of time should I dress the salad? Will it benefit having the dressing on for awhile (few hours, night before, ?).

asked by Ashton about 2 months ago

83b2f7bb 6d57 4b26 a96e f27f66b1e409  14355058 10103657439758468 7616383974552013464 n
added about 2 months ago

I think salads are best dressed just before serving. But you can prep your separate components ahead of time, and just mix them together before serving. Kale is pretty sturdy, but I think it will still get soggy sitting in dressing for more than a few hours.

895f8b4e aba6 4d93 92f2 1117a886850e  france
added about 2 months ago

I agree with Stephanie B., but the nice thing about kale is that it can stand up to dressing better than more delicate greens, such as arugula. So if you need to dress it an hour or two before, it should still be okay!