Kale Ceasar Salad

I’m taking a kale ceasar salad. How much ahead of time should I dress the salad? Will it benefit having the dressing on for awhile (few hours, night before, ?).

asked by Ashton 11 months ago

Stephanie B.

I think salads are best dressed just before serving. But you can prep your separate components ahead of time, and just mix them together before serving. Kale is pretty sturdy, but I think it will still get soggy sitting in dressing for more than a few hours.

Catherine Lamb

I agree with Stephanie B., but the nice thing about kale is that it can stand up to dressing better than more delicate greens, such as arugula. So if you need to dress it an hour or two before, it should still be okay!