🔕 🔔

quiche for a crowd

Looking for tips on making quiche in large rectangular baking pans or sheet pans.

asked by Pepperjam about 5 years ago

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

A regular 9x2" pie dish holds 8 cups. A jelly roll pan holds 13 cups so you would have to make 1 and 1/2 times the filling for a large "quiche." You'd also have to make your quiche dough 1 and 1/2 times greater to fit the pan. Are you looking for a recipe for a larger quiche?

The recipe I have is for an 11-inch tart pan with removable bottom. I am making quiche for my son's varsity football team (at their request) for a team dinner the day before our first playoff game. I was concerned about the center not cooking at the same time as the edges in a larger pan. I was planning to precook the pasty of course, using parchment so I could lift it out of the pan easier and cut into squares. I'd welcome any additional suggestions. Thanks

0bc70c8a e153 4431 a735 f23fb20dda68  sarah chef
Reiney

Sarah is a trusted source on General Cooking.

You're absolutely right to be thinking of that! You could turn the oven down by 25 degrees or so, and cook it slower to try to compensate. Eggs love to be coddled (pun intended) on low heat. So long as the sheet pan's not *too* big this should work for you.

(Depending on how many of these you're making, another option is to just double/triple the pastry and royale mix recipes, but bake individual quiches - this would yield best results but of course would take more elapsed time.

Thanks so much!

B8f19483 b6dd 4ee8 b288 d1e5d79af410  face

If using a sheet/lasagna type dish, glass will be warmer and more likely to cook better than metal