Suppose you were taking dessert to a watch-basketball-eat-pizza-drinkwine-party. What would it be?

asked by Nora over 7 years ago

gt9
gt9

Do you have time to make brownies or Choc chip cookies. Merrill's choc chip cookie with oatmeal is "to die for"

gt9
gt9

Here is the link to merrill"s cookie...extraordinary!

healthierkitchen

Yup, I'd go with choc chip or excellent brownies with ice cream.

healthierkitchen

OK - just saw these newly posted cookies - amazing looking!

latoscana

Fruit in bite-sizes.
Also, chocolate - it's fun to get a variety of bars, such as lavender or chipotle or coffee, and let people break off chunks to sample them. Be sure to include wrapper or labels so they know what's what.

The brownies and cookies are great suggestions. It's really dependent on the crowd and what they like. But if they're drinking wine. Maybe a desert cheese plate with assortments of cheeses, fruits, and mortadella. And a small bottle of really good balsamic vinegar.

Sadassa_Ulna

I'd go with latoscana's suggestion, it's casual, fun, and most importantly, uber-delicious. you could even have a range of "price-point" and throw in some Nestle crunch bars and Hershey's kisses with the fancier stuff . . .

Anitalectric
Anitalectric

Anita is a vegan pastry chef & founder of Electric Blue Baking Co. in Brooklyn.

Something really informal and fun like fresh baked cookies with ice cream to make ice cream sandwiches. Or whoopie pies, which is basically the same idea with cake and whipped cream. Desserts you can eat with your hands!

arielleclementine

with this week's contest theme in mind, these carrot cake sandwich cookies are incredibly delicious hand-held treats: http://www.marthastewart...

betteirene

Fruit pizza--baked pizza dough spread with raspberry or apricot jam, then a layer of mascarpone whipped cream, then slice fresh fruit glazed with a simple syrup. Or a fresh fruit tart with a chocolate graham cracker crust, vanilla custard filling and sliced fruit.

I'd take a fruit salad, which at this time of year would be ambrosia -- my own recipe, posted here, which is just oranges and/or tangerines -- a couple of different kinds, for variety -- plus some unsweetened coconut, doused in some orange liqueur with a touch of vanilla. People love it, especially in the South, and especially (anywhere) after a salty, carbo-y main like pizza. And ambrosia would look great on a plate in either of the local blue colors. (My son is a Tarheel. ;o) . . . .)

You beat me to it, Antonia! I was about to say fruit, and Ambrosia is such a delicious, gussied-up "fruit!"

Peanut butter cookies would also be a nice diversion, and somehow they don't feel as heavy as brownies.

Helen's All Night Diner

How about a bar cookie like lemon squares or brownies? Less work than cookies but still very easy to eat.

I'm with ChefJune and AntoniaJames. Ambrosia has had a sort of Leave it to Beaver reputation for too long. Bring it into the 21st century!

tizzle

Brownies! Here's my go-to recipe, from Smitten Kitchen:

http://smittenkitchen.com...

Nora

I love all of you! Want to come to the party? Of all the good idea, the dessert pizza made my eyes open wide. I'm thinking dried fruit, chocolate chips, nuts, a drizzle of balsamic reduction (I have a chocolate balsamic that's fantastic all by itself) and etc. I'll post. It's next week.

Go Tar Heels!