made a tuna noodle casserole and the noodels disolved

My wife and I made a tuna noodle casserole in a crock pot casserole and when it was done per the instructions the egg noodles had completely dissolved. What did we do wrong?

asked by Dave 11 months ago

What size were the noodles? It should state it on the bag. I use the extra wide egg noodles as they hold up fairly well. The thinner noodles tend to come apart if cooked too long. BB

Exbruxelles

Without knowing what recipe you used, I'm guessing that the noodles were over-cooked before assembling the casserole.

Dave

Noodles were uncooked.

Dave

Thanks everyone. I believe you are correct. The "Crock Pot" recipe called for it all to be put in the casserole together. This from the results is obviously wrong. If we do this one again we will do the noodles separately.