I used cookie butter instead of butter... what do i do

I am making chocolate chip cookies. I used cookie butter instead of butter because someone told me it was a great substitute. How do I fix this?

asked by Rosemarie 11 months ago

Is the dough coming together? At what point in the recipe are you? That will help us answer your question. Some thoughts: if the dough came together and looks all right, bake one per the recipe and see how it tastes. If it looks too dry, can you cream in an additional portion of butter (not the whole amount, but perhaps 1/3 --I'm guessing here). Cookie dough holds well in the refrigerator and some even suggest wrapping it and letting it sit in the fridge for a day or two to allow the flour to hydrate and the flavors to blend, so unless you are in a rush, you have time to consider your options.

Rosemarie

It wasn't pulling together. It was very dry. I added the original call for butter (1 stick at a time) and it came together. I won't make that mistakr again.

Never heard of cookie butter nor have I used it.

Why don't you just bake a couple of cookies with that dough and see if you like it?

If you don't like the result, just make another batch using the recipe's original ingredients and instructions.

Or you could pat it into a pan and make bars.

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

I would definitely suggest a quick google before you take strange baking advice.

How did they come out? Following PieceOfLayerCake's advice, there are some online recipes for cookies utilizing cookie butter, some are without any added butter. Most likely there are adjustments to the amount of flour and other ingredients to avoid the dryness that you experienced initially. It's ok to experiment but it's also a good idea to refer to various sources in order to adjust proportions.