🔕 🔔

My chocolate chip cookie dough was too hot and melted the chips. Any ideas what I can do with this batter now? Mix something else in?

I was making Alice Mendrich's chocolate chip cookies, which has you melt the butter on the stove, mix everything in, and then mix in the chips after the dough cools. Being impatient, I mixed in the chips too soon, so now I have a brown batter. It still tastes good, but I'm looking for ideas of what I should mix into the batter so it's not just lumpy brown cookies. Will more semi-sweet chips make the cookie too bitter? Nuts? Any help is much appreciated!

asked by SarahK over 6 years ago

766e7ce3 8394 4788 8337 bbd8a8d3a07e  5.15.11 coconut macaroons best sm

How about a few semi-sweet chocolate chips, dried cherries, and chopped pecans? It shouldn't make the dough too bitter. I've done something similar on purpose, for a kind of swirly chocolate in the dough, then added nuts. It tasted great!

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

How about pretzels, potato chips and/or dried cereal? You'd have your own version of compost cookies!

9ed12a6a b9d2 4d9d 9def 48ceb8acfccc  phoenix

You could also make sandwich cookies & put frosting in the center -- sort of like homemade oreos. Chill the dough first in the shape of a log & then slice & bake.

Fff96a46 7810 4f5c a452 83604ac1e363  dsc03010

Granola is good. Adding 3/4 of a cup to a full batch of cookies doesn't change the cookie too much, but it does add a little something that makes people ask about the difference. I use homemade granola that is sweetened with honey and contains one or two kinds of nuts, coconut, sunflower seeds and dried cranberries.

2269774e 64e7 47ec 8fb3 d6fb03cce199  debbykalk photo

Might have a different texture but ought to taste delicious.