🔕 🔔

Does anyone have a trusted source for replacement parts for a small kitchen appliance

I have a much loved Braun food processor (circa 1990s) and want to get a few additional pieces, such as a dough hook. I did find the needed part on several online sources including EBay but I have never ordered anything online other than Amazon. My concerns are security of my credit card number and successful delivery of any ordered parts. Thoughts, recommendations?

asked by MNLisaB 3 months ago

1) If you live in or visit a large city, you may find shop(s) that specialize in small appliance repair & parts.
2) Ask the manufacturer if they can recommend a store or website that both carries their parts and is reliable.
3) I share your wariness/caution about untried websites. One way people limit liability is to create a credit card for ONLY internet purchases. This allows you to shut it down immediately if tampered with, and doesn't endanger your regular, most-used card(s).

JP

Braun's web site or the site Braun directs you to.

i've bought several things on eBay and have never had a problem. last fall i spent over $400 on a miele vacuum cleaner i had eyed for years. believe me, it was hard for me to push the button, and the seller had great recommendations, and sure enough, a brand new beautiful vacuum cleaner was delivered. no problems, no credit card issues, everything was as stated.

Thanks for your advice! If I can find it on EBay I will ask my son to use his EBay Pay Pal account and pay him back...

0b5b94a1 6737 4d5f bc02 e97db34d99c0  fb avatar
added about 2 months ago

in Canada Yes