🔕 🔔

Swiss Meringue Buttercream

My swiss meringue buttercream is grainy. I'm guessing this is because I didn't let the egg whites and sugar get hot enough in the bain marie (recipe just said sugar should be dissolved and mixture would be warm). Is there any way to fix?

asked by Shallot 24 days ago

22fd5949 f671 4eca 9819 de5858b39390  img 7382

I don’t think so but here is a trick when dissolving the sugar and you don’t need a candy thermometer.
Stir it constantly and test it by taking a bit if the mixture and rub it between your thumb and index finger. If you feel granulars, keep stirring. Repeat the finger testing process until it no longer feels grainy. BB