🔕 🔔

How do you tell olive oil cake batter is fully mixed?

I tried an orange almond olive oil cake and instead of a crumbly cake, my cake was dense and lumpy. I suspect I have over mixed it. Any tips on batter readiness?

asked by Catwhobakes 15 days ago

I have made several olive oil cakes and I find it hard to imagine overmixing them since you typically just stir them together. Perhaps the measurements were off in the recipe you used? If it was a mixing issue I would say - just stir together until you don't see any streaks of anything. Perhaps sifting flour and other dry ingredients to avoid the need for too much mixing?