i got a lot of soft goat cheese in sealed logs on sale. can these be frozen?

asked by kimswhims almost 8 years ago

KayBee

I have seen goat cheese frozen and then grated into heated dishes.

Simply put, no! Cheese should not be frozen unless it's on a Claim Jumper pizza or something. Remember that cheese is a living, breathing entity. Freezing it will kill it.

Ophelia

Freezing cheese only really works if you're going to be cooking with it afterwards, but I generally only do so with drier cheeses. I would worry that thawing and then heating a soft goat cheese would turn it into a sort of sweaty gritty mess. Better to find friends who want some or try making a recipe with a lot of soft cheese in it, maybe stuffed peppers or a cheese and onion tart.