Freekah Polenta?

B45c0b65 60cc 4d6b bccf bb5852f2fb1d  fullsizerender 3

I recently went to a restaurant that served lamb on a bed of freekah polenta. It was so yummy I want to recreate it for Valentine's dinner. I bought some Bob's Red Mill cracked freekah but i'm not sure where to go from here. Any ideas?

asked by breezemuns 9 months ago

This is a guess, but I suspect if you pulse the dry freekeh in a food processor until it's a cornmeal texture you can cook it like polenta. Figuring out how much liquid to freekeh may take a little work -- I'd start with 2.5 parts liquid to 1 part freekeh then add more if needed.

Sounds like a plan, but (and this is a guess too) I think the freekeh will be more inclined to clump than corn would; it might be helpful to saute it with some oil before adding to liquid.

asbrink

Hi, any chance this was Kismet in LA? I was there last weekend and that dish was DELICIOUS and now I'm wondering the same thing! :D

Don't know how close this will be to your experience, but at least the recipe give ratios and method. After 1st time, you could adjust to taste.
https://andyfood.com/recipes/winter-grain-polenta/
And, btw, this one leaves the freekeh intact, not ground to powder.