🔕 🔔

Freekah Polenta?

B45c0b65 60cc 4d6b bccf bb5852f2fb1d  fullsizerender 3

I recently went to a restaurant that served lamb on a bed of freekah polenta. It was so yummy I want to recreate it for Valentine's dinner. I bought some Bob's Red Mill cracked freekah but i'm not sure where to go from here. Any ideas?

asked by breezemuns 13 days ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

This is a guess, but I suspect if you pulse the dry freekeh in a food processor until it's a cornmeal texture you can cook it like polenta. Figuring out how much liquid to freekeh may take a little work -- I'd start with 2.5 parts liquid to 1 part freekeh then add more if needed.