Sides to go with Lamb burgers

I'm looking for some good sides to go with Lamb Burgers for the weekend. They'll be very similar to the Lamb sliders off of this site (http://food52.com/recipes...). Thanks!

asked by Brian Ackroyd about 5 years ago

nutcakes

The chunk salad sounds perfect. Or you could do an orzo salad with a lot of the same flavors.

Trudie Spangenberg

Some sweet potato wedges (maybe rubbed with garam masala before roasting) would probably be lovely.

Noah Truwit

Lentils with Indian spices would work

fionula

Claudia Roden's Bulgur Salad with Pomegranate Dressing and Toasted Nuts ( I found it in a NYT Weekend Cookbook

UrbanCleaver

Tabbouleh would be nice as well.

Stephanie G

Last week I had the same issue. I decided to serve them with Lemon Roasted potatoes from Epicurious and Smitten Kitchen's Greek Salad.

savorthis

I have been obsessed with a spiced, caramelized carrot side dish that would be good (agree also with the spiced sweet potatoes!). Rub the carrots with oil and a mix of toasted and ground cumin, fennel, coriander and pepper and roast until browned and crisp. (For extra fun, top with goat cheese snow).

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

I like to pair lamb burgers with fennel slaw.

Since mint and lamb are so great together, the Kale & Mint Salad just featured might pair well. I think I'd skip the "peanut" in the dressing though, and instead, substitute 2 tablespoons of a neutral oil such as canola or grapeseed.
http://food52.com/recipes...

frannorris@msn.com

wow lots of ideas, going with the chunk salad and the sweet potatoes rubbed with garam masala, since I have everything in the house. Thanks everyone!

Since we're in January and close to Burns Day, follow the Scots, serve neeps and tatties (turnips & potatoes), and toast the day with single malt :)