@FoodPickle I want to make something for dinner involving butternut squash and eggplant. Any ideas, Iron Chef style?
Are you channeling your best self with this comment? (If you're not sure, check out our Code of Conduct.)
3 tbsp butter
1 Small to Medium Butternut Squash, peeled and cut into 1" cubes
1 Small to Medium Eggplant, peeled and cut into 1" cubes
1 Medium Onion, chopped
3-4 large garlic cloves , minced
1.5" root of ginger, minced
2 medium tomatoes, chopped (or 2 tbsp tomato sauce)
1 tbsp curry powder (if you don't have curry powder, you can use other seasoning like cumin powder, coriander powder, italian herbs etc)
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 cups of water (or chicken stock if you wish)
1. Heat the butter till foam subsides.
2. Add onion and cook for 3-4 minutes. Then add the ginger and garlic and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
3. Now add the chopped tomato and curry powder and cook another 5-7 minutes till a sauce starts forming.
4. Add the salt and pepper at this point.
5. Now add the eggplant and butternut squash and stir to mix well.
6. Add 2 cups of water (or chicken stock) to the pan. Turn heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes, covered.
7. Check if the vegetables are done. If needed, add a little more water and cook till they are done. Adjust seasonings. Serve with rice or pasta (depending on the seasoning used).
Hope this helps. Enjoy your dinner.
Absolutely perfect! I even have all of the ingredients on hand... you're the best!
pierino is a trusted source on General Cooking and Tough Love.
In the words of my uncle, ALLEZ CUISINE, http://www.food52.com/recipes...
I wish I could make that whishing sound with my neck...
Please enter a valid email address.
Well played. You deserve a cookie.
No need to turn on your oven!
Speedy Chicken Dinner
An Easy Olive Quick Bread
Great Gifts for Mom, Under $100
Save on Our Clever Italian Risotto Pan