@FoodPickle I want to make something for dinner involving butternut squash and eggplant. Any ideas, Iron Chef style?
3 tbsp butter
1 Small to Medium Butternut Squash, peeled and cut into 1" cubes
1 Small to Medium Eggplant, peeled and cut into 1" cubes
1 Medium Onion, chopped
3-4 large garlic cloves , minced
1.5" root of ginger, minced
2 medium tomatoes, chopped (or 2 tbsp tomato sauce)
1 tbsp curry powder (if you don't have curry powder, you can use other seasoning like cumin powder, coriander powder, italian herbs etc)
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 cups of water (or chicken stock if you wish)
1. Heat the butter till foam subsides.
2. Add onion and cook for 3-4 minutes. Then add the ginger and garlic and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
3. Now add the chopped tomato and curry powder and cook another 5-7 minutes till a sauce starts forming.
4. Add the salt and pepper at this point.
5. Now add the eggplant and butternut squash and stir to mix well.
6. Add 2 cups of water (or chicken stock) to the pan. Turn heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes, covered.
7. Check if the vegetables are done. If needed, add a little more water and cook till they are done. Adjust seasonings. Serve with rice or pasta (depending on the seasoning used).
Hope this helps. Enjoy your dinner.
Absolutely perfect! I even have all of the ingredients on hand... you're the best!
pierino is a trusted source on General Cooking and Tough Love.
In the words of my uncle, ALLEZ CUISINE, http://www.food52.com/recipes...
I wish I could make that whishing sound with my neck...
Please enter a valid email address.
Well played. You deserve a cookie.
Alt. title: Pasta, what would we do without you?
Dinner Emergencies, Solved
Piglet Day 3—See the Latest Winner!
By Food52: Bee's Wrap, Baking Chocolate & More!
Will Gordon Ramsay Roast Us on Twitter?
Bright Ways to Organize Your Kitchen
prevented successful signup:
We'll never post anything without your permission.
prevented successful login:
Thanks for signing up!
Connect with us to get more Food52!
Get the recipes and features that have us talking, plus first dibs on events and limited-batch products.
(Oh, and $10 off your order of $50 or more in the Food52 Shop, too.)