gray spots all over my homemade frozen chicken pot pie? Is it safe to eat?

I have never had this happen before. homemade crust , crisco, butter, flour and salt. everything is completely cooled before freezing. egg washed it before putting it in freezer. i have a photo, not sure how to add it.

asked by vkb Bella 4 months ago

vkb Bella

figured out how to add photo

Those are mold spores. Don't eat it.

Emmie

Definitely don't eat it, and check the other things in your freezer--mold shouldn't be able to grow at such low temperatures, so there might be something wrong.

vkb Bella

So i posted this question on several different site and called a hotline. all agreed it was a reaction between the egg wash, salt and foil.
one person included this article.
http://www.oregonlive.com...

I will be using plastic wrap and waiting on the egg wash until just before baking.
Thanks for replying to my post! have a great day!