🔕 🔔

Can I substitue almond flour in a recipe that calls for matzo cake flour? The recipe calls for 1 1/2 cups cake flour and comes out like mandle bread.

asked by CooknChia about 2 months ago

added about 2 months ago

Religiously you can if you're Sephardic, not if you're Ashkenazic. But although Almond flour may even be suggested as a sub for the matzo cake meal, my experience is that the texture will not be much different.
Personally, I (nor my family) don't much like cakes made with the cake meal (Dad dubbed them "sand cakes") and usually make mericnue based or flourless desserts during Passover.