🔕 🔔

Has anyone made the Chocolate Fantasy Brownie Bites and used mini-muffin paper liners? Too tired to butter 36 little wells!

http://www.food52.com/blog...

asked by JenniferF almost 6 years ago

I'm pretty sure this is why they invented non-stick spray. Hope it all turns out!

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

Just take a stick of butter and shove it into each of the wells and turn--it will be buttered well enough. (Please don't use non stick spray on these--they are really small and I think you'll be able to taste it!) Thanks for trying out my recipe!

9ed12a6a b9d2 4d9d 9def 48ceb8acfccc  phoenix

As someone who was made mini muffins with & without liners, I find it takes just as much time to fiddle with the liners as it does to butter the pan. The liners are too light to stay in the little holes without the batter, and it's a dexterity to challenge to fill them & sink them into the holes at the same time. Then there's the reality that some of the dough will stick to the liner, leaving you with very little brownie for all your work. For regular-sized muffins, the liners make things easy. For minis, they seem more hassle than they're worth.

338c2250 efb0 45de 857e 0fb58ee1ac7d  photo 418

@drbabs: Can you believe I never thought of just twisting a stick of butter?! I'm been melting and painting on with a pastry brush for 30 years! Thank you for that tip.

I made them, a few with and some without to test them and they worked both ways fine. The liners are had were very pretty and I was taking them to friends so that was sort of nice but in the future, I would probably go with just butter. As time passes, the papers are hard to remove. But let me also say that these little bites are FANTASTIC! They are a new "go to" for sure. Each little bite really packs a punch.

Hi Jennifer--I'm so happy that you liked them!