HELP! My cream cheese/dill spread liquified when I blended it in the food processor and now it's too runny to use for my smoked salmon finger sandwich

Making smoked salmon finger sandwiches with a cream cheese/dill spread. Only used labne (a yogurt cheese that has the same consistency as cream cheese, since I can't find cream cheese here in Istanbul) and dried dill. NO LIQUID, but when I blended it in the food processor it became liquid. I've put it in the fridge to set up, but it's been 2 hours and it's still soupy. Too soupy to put on bread for finger sandwiches, and I have a party to take them to in a few hours! What can I do, and why did it become liquid?

asked by Ava 6 months ago

Labne is more similar to yogurt, and has less fat and more liquid than cream cheese.
If you have time and want to experiment, buy something like cottage cheese or farmer's cheese.
Otherwise, use butter, mayo, mustard or a combination. All will go well with smoked salmon.
Or experiment and use tahina or some other local spread.

I’d use sour cream and gradually mix in some of the liquid. Add more dill to taste.