Smoked Buffalo Cracker

I was sitting here bored and made this:
-crackers
-left over smoked salmon
-white American cheese
-thyme
-franks hot sauce

Stack salmon on cracked with cheese on top. Microwave for about 20sec until cheese melts. Top with thyme and hot sauce. Enjoy

Question: what could I do to make it better? I'm thinking blue cheese, and triscuits instead. Any other ideas?

Amanda Hesser February 3, 2012

I'd skip the American cheese and microwave part, and instead fold some whipped cream into sour cream, and add some horseradish. Put the salmon on the cracker, top with this horseradish cream and thyme.

ReneePussman
ReneePussman February 4, 2012

I do not like the sound of this.

UncleKracky
UncleKracky February 4, 2012

I don't like the sound of liver and onions. But yet strangely some people do.....to each their own.

softpunk
softpunk February 4, 2012

Are you going to serve this at a Super Bowl party?

Seriously though, that salmon gave it's life for this?!

UncleKracky
UncleKracky February 4, 2012

Yes. Salmon gave up its life. Just as many animals have in order for you to learn how to be the cook you are today. Not everyone is a seasoned chef; some are just starting out. As I said; I was bored and decided to try something new. That's what you do when you are learning.

Sam1148 February 4, 2012

Good for you for experimenting. probably something I wouldn't care for present day self, that's out of dorm room. But some might like it.
Maybe try using 'water crackers'..a touch of capers, next time.

Cheese and fish usually don't go together well...but cream cheese and salmon do go together well.
I think it's the salt element you like there. Which isn't a 'bad thing'. So don't let the naysayers get you down.

Maybe using a smoked cheese on a crusty bread would work for you? Try to parse it down to 3 ingredients (excluding the bread or cracker)